Career Opportunities with Crossroads Sir Gar
We believe that our reputation for excellence in care, together with our commitment to staff sets us apart from similar organisations and makes us a great place to work.
Our team holds regular meetings for staff progression and training.
Carer Support Worker
Our Carer Support Workers attend a comprehensive 5 day Induction and undertake shadowing with other experienced members of staff before delivering care alone. The Induction is structured according to the requirements of the Skills for Care Common Induction Standards. This includes taught modules around:
- Working Within the Social Care Values Base
- Effective Communication for the Carer Support Worker
- Professional Development and the Carer Support Worker
- Safer Moving and Handling
- Emergency First Aid
- Health and Safety at Work
- The Safeguarding of Individuals
A week spent shadowing experienced members of the care staff in supporting individuals who have a wide range of support needs. During this period, feedback on the new CSW’s progress is sought from their mentor and from service users and the appropriate support given to them by their assigned Line Manager. Shadowing allows a controlled and observed opportunity for knowledge and skills gained during the first week of the Induction to be put into practice.
All Carer Support Workers are supported to complete QCF Levels 2 and 3 in Health and Social Care.
If you are interested in working for us please contact us either by telephone on 01554 754957 and speak to Chelsey, or email email@example.com
Below are the Job Description and Person Specification for the role of Carer Support Worker:
We have been awarded a contract to deliver after-school, weekend and holiday clubs across venues in Carmarthen and Llanelli. We are looking for enthusiastic and compassionate individuals to support children & young people with a range of needs including learning disabilities, specific health needs and Autistic Spectrum Condition. The successful candidates will support individuals to have fun and to participate in different activities/experiences as we believe that these individuals should have the same experiences as their peers.
Various roles available including:
- Assistant Club Coordinators
- Club Coordinators
Successful candidates will have:
- An NVQ/QCF Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent or equivalent Children’s Care, Learning and Development or CACHE Certificate in Child Care & Education or Level 2 in Playwork or a commitment to achieve within 12 months of employment.
Additional training will be provided to successful candidates on:
- Manual Handling
- Medication training
- Health & Safety/Infection Control
- Safeguarding Children
- Communication e.g. Sign-a-long, Makaton
The main aims of the post are:
- To actively participate in the operational delivery of good quality play and care provision for children aged 5-19 years and over with complex needs
- To provide stimulating activities, engaging with children in a safe and friendly environment
- This will involve the provision of personal and social care, respecting confidentiality always within an equal opportunities’ framework
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 01554 754957 for an application form or if you would like further information. Closing date for applications is: Wednesday 15th May 2019.
Below are the Job Description and Person Specification for the role of Playworker: