Young Adult Carers (YAC)
For carers aged 16-25
There is now a dedicated project for Young Adult Carers in Carmarthenshire providing support for 16-25 year olds, regardless of where they live in the county. You can get support through the YAC project as well as have the opportunity to meet others of a similar age with shared experiences so you don’t have to feel alone or isolated as many young adult carers do.
We can offer a range of support services including:
- A dedicated keyworker providing 1-2-1 support in your home or community
- An individual action plan to help you to achieve positive changes in your life
- Partnership working with other services who can help
- Helping to liaise with education providers and employers to address any
- Access to a peer support network of others your age facing similar issues
- Activities, trips and events
- Signposting and information services including online resources
- Life skills groups such as confidence building and health and well being
Carers Educational Years (CEY)
For carers aged 5-18
For young carers aged 5-18 years old, the CEY project provides practical and emotional support, respite activities and peer group clubs to meet other young carers.
There are two teenage youth clubs, based in Carmarthen and Llandybie, and three 5-11s clubs, in Llandybie and Llanelli. Our team of support workers meet with young carers at school, at home or in the community for 1:2:1 support, and we team up with local organisations to make sure the young people are getting all the right support.